Tudor Lodge consecrated 1879 Documents reproduced by kind permission of Worcester Museum & Library On the 12th May, 1879, following the Consecration of the Tudor Lodge, No. 1792, the first Master Wor. Bro. Matthias J Barker, was installed in the Chair by Wor. Bro. Dr. W. E. Parkes, I.P.M., of the St. James’ Lodge, No. 482. The first six meetings of the Tudor Lodge were held at the New Inns Hotel, Handsworth, but on December 10th, 1879, the Lodge held its first meeting in its new home, Masonic Hall, Harborne (the property of the Harborne Masonic Hall Co.), and framed and passed its By-Laws on that date. The Lodge continued to meet at the Masonic Hall regularly until the Hall was purchased by the Birmingham Corporation for a Branch Free Library. It was then removed to the Harborne Institute, where it regularly met from April 11th, 1892, till February 8th, 1915, when, in consequence of the conditions created by the War, the Harborne Institute was sold for business purposes. The Lodge then removed to the Connaught Room, Imperial Hotel, Birmingham, and some months later was transferred into the Province of Warwickshire. By the kindness of the Provincial Grand Master of Warwickshire the Brethren who had received Provincial Grand Lodge Honours in Staffordshire were allowed to retain like precedence in Warwickshire.. On the completion of the Memorial Temple, Broad Street, the Lodge removed there, and held its Installation meeting—the first Installation to be held in the New Temple—on October 10th, 1927. In all its various homes the Lodge has been able to retain its original night of meeting, the second Monday of the month. In the course of its 50 years’ existence the Lodge has been presided over by 49 Worshipful Masters, 25 of whom are still living, and 22 are to-day members of the Lodge. During this period 189 members have been initiated and 39 Brethren have joined the Lodge. In the history of the Lodge there have been only four Chaplain’s, nine Treasurers, seven Charity Stewards, and four Tylers. Provincial Grand Lodge Honours have been conferred on 35 Worshipful Brethren of the Tudor Lodge, viz.: 21 in the Province of Staffordshire and 14 in the Province of Warwickshire. It was in 1916 that the ceremony of Installation was changed from May to October. Wor. Bro. BRADLEY. who is one of the two surviving Founders of the Lodge, was Organist for 31 years, and on his retirement from the office a presentation of an illuminated address was made on 13th November, 1911. He had in 1895 been elected an Honorary Member in acknowledgment of his services to the Lodge. The Records of the Regular Meetings of the Lodge are kept in eight Minute Book, comprising over 3.000 pages.